Monday, November 10, 2008

Making Pottery!

On September 20th, I had the best idea ever! I thought, "I'm so tired of doing tons and tons of dishes so I think everyone should have their own plate. That way, they can do their own dish and if their dish is dirty they have to wash it before they can eat and then I don't have to wash a million, trillion dishes every day." (Did you know the secret to not having that many dishes in the sink is to do them after every meal? I know!!! Who knew!!! I don't do that. I wash my dishes after every meal so I never have that problem.) Whew! It's good to be back and doing run-on sentences!! I've missed this!

Anyways, I thought we could go to a pottery studio and make our own plates; have them personalized so they would be sentimental and all that. Well, it was a good idea in theory until we got there and I learned that each plate was $15 and there was a $6 studio fee on top of that. So, instead the kids made piggy banks. They turned out so cute! And they made them their own. I love how creative my kids are! They're pretty dang amazing!


I love this picture! I took about 10 of her trying to get her to smile sweetly, but this is my daughter and her crazy, sweet, fun personality. I sure think she's pretty awesome!


What can you say? That's an awesome looking camouflage soccer ball! He did a great job! Still an amazing kid!

After we finished with the banks, which were considerably less than plates for a family of four, we headed to Tai Pan Trading where we picked plates AND bowls for under $5. Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment