Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Economic Christmas, Day 2

For today, I want to focus on the girls. I found some really fun things that I'm going to do for Kendal.

One thing I'm going to do is get a fishing tackle box (hear me out) for all her hair and nail stuff. That way it can be organized and easy to find. I'll add some pink and purple vinyl flowers, polka dots, or hearts to make it cute. Then I'll stick some hair and nail stuff in her stocking. Easy, fun gift! For those on a very tight budget, check out this link.

Next I'm going to do these cute baby legs (arm and leg warmers). They would be perfect for her because she hates to wear long sleeves. This way she could wear them outside and then take them off inside. I found these on littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com. Here's the link.

Look how cute!

The really cheap way to do the baby legs is to head over to Children's Place and go through their clearance bin. Just don't go before I get a chance to head over! You can usually find some really cute tights or knee socks for pretty cheap.

Kendal loves jewelry and I found these cute rings and hair things on littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com.

They look really easy and I can raid my button jar to make them. I can get the rings for the buttons at Roberts or Michaels and use a 40% off coupon to make them even less expensive. I'll just slip them in her stocking and she can put them in her tackle box.

For more bows, headbands, and clips, head over to thirtyhandmadedays.blogspot.com. I found tons of bows for you here, here, and here. So have fun!

I think, if I have time, I want to do a couple skirts for her to go with her baby legs. I found this skirt on thirtyhandmade days, but it's originally from Grand Revival Designs. Here's the link.

They look really cute and easy. They would be perfect made with some cute Christmas fabric. Hopefully I can find the time to get these done. I know she'd love them.

Tomorrow, we'll focus on what we can do for our boys. I think sometimes they're the hardest to shop for. Let me know if you have any additional ideas or maybe some things I've missed that everyone needs to know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment