Friday, September 25, 2009

"Get Ready For Christmas" Friday!

I'm looking at my clock and it's not really Friday, but luckily when you post it's an hour behind {I think} so just pretend like it's still Friday. I had wanted to post everyday this week but it's been so crazy and before I knew it, it was 11:59 Friday night and I hadn't even done my Friday post so here I am!

This week, I became obsessed with one thing that I want to make for Christmas:

Pettiskirts!!




Love, love, love them and I want to make a million. Look at all that fluffy fluff! I think every girl that I know {including myself} should have a pettiskirt. I think they'd be so cute with a pair of leggings underneath or some long funky socks. Think of the possibilities!

So, I researched pettiskirts this week. I found some great resources, and some not so great resources {paying over $80 for one}. They look really, really easy to make and cost almost next to nothing.

This link from Sew, Mama, Sew was great! Pettiskirts

They had lots of great directions and different sites you could go to depending on the instructions you wanted. They also had links to a few different places to buy nylon chiffon.

So, anyone in? I'm going to make a few and I think it'd be great if we all got together and did them at the same time. It'd be more fun that way! Let me know if you're interested and we'll pick a date!

3 comments:

  1. I would SO love to learn how to make one! My mom got Morgan one for her birthday and it is SO adorable!! We want all the girls to have one for their Christmas dress and then the boys would have matching ties. Anyways, I guess we could try to learn together over the phone!! But you are so much craftier than I am :) Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh...I really want to make some for my girls. let me know when the sewing begins and what I need to get!

    ReplyDelete