Friday, September 18, 2009

Get Ready for Christmas Friday!

Last year I did the Economic Christmas Week. This year I decided to start a little earlier. That way we all have time to get our Christmas Gifts done and not stress when Christmas gets closer. Each Friday I'll post different fun gifts to make for those you love.

This week are gifts for the travelers in your family. We have a few of those in our family so I was really excited to find gifts just for them.

First, from Maya Made are these cute travel pillows. She has a tutorial on how to make them and they'd be perfect for boys or girls.

Next, also from Maya Made are these cute sleep masks. I wish I'd had a few of these when we went on vacation. Sleep mask time would have been mandatory. On her site she has a tutorial on how to make them. They look really easy and whoever you give them to would love you forever.


Or, instead of black and white you could substitute a cute pattern fabric. I found these on Etsy here.


Last, are these cute chalkboard placemats. They would be perfect for long or short car rides. They'd be even better for keeping the kids occupied when you stop to eat.

Little Birdie Secrets has an easy tutorial to make them here.


I found these on Etsy from Dine.n.Doodle and I think I'll incorporate a few of the things they have added.


Instead of oil cloth, I'll use vinyl laminate for fabric. That way I can match the pillow, eye masks, and chalkmats all together. I'll add a grommet for a cute ribbon tie and a little pocket for a piece of chalk. I'll also add another little pocket for a cute chalkboard eraser that I found on Maya Made.



Let's get started! Let me know how they turn out!

2 comments:

  1. wow, cute ideas. You may have to help me put something like that together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo funny.. thanks for the laughs, ie: the gas dryer...thank you for the fun Christmas ideas too.

    ReplyDelete