Sunday, August 31, 2008

Run like somebody's chasing you!

Today is the Nike+ Human Race. Yes, that's the name of it. Derek's been wanting to do it ever since he read about.

So, for his birthday, I bought him the Human Race shirt.


Each shirt has a different bib number so it's like you're in an actual race. I know....cool!

The concept is pretty neat. Nike is holding 20 actual races around the world but for places that there weren't races you could run by yourself and enter the time in on the internet.



The concept is this (taken from their ad): "On August 31, 2008 you'll be making history. You'll take on the world in a 10k like no other. A 10k where every step counts, no matter how fast, slow, short, or long. A 10k where a million runners will celebrate human potential. And you'll be proud to say you ran the day the whole world ran. Just do it." Obviously, the whole world didn't run cause I'm sitting on my toosh as we speak. But I think it's pretty amazing. When I checked last the miles run was 2,882,252. That's a whole lot of miles.

So, we got in the car, drove 6.4 miles and I dropped him off. There were quite a few people out running and we joked that one guy had a chainsaw and if he chased Derek that could improve his time significantly. So far it's been a half hour but I'll update you on his progress later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment