Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back To School

Yesterday was the first day of school for Brandon. It makes me feel so old to have a second grader! Granted, he is one of the youngest in the grade (he turns 7 tomorrow), but it still makes me feel so old.

Here he is dressed in his new clothes. Yes, that's a skull on his shirt. I'm THAT kind of mom. I'm not sure what THAT kind of mom is, but it's probably the bad kind that lets their innocent kids wear scary skulls on their shirts. I just consider it pirate gear and every good pirate needs a shirt with a skull on it. Justification rocks!








Kendal and Brandon cheesing it up.

Every year since kindergarten I've taken Brandon to school and walked him to class. This year though, he wasn't having any of that. I took him to school and was getting ready to get out of the car and he said, "I know where my class is." I told him that I'd walk with him. He said that he was fine and he could walk by himself. "What?!", screamed my brain. "My six, almost seven, year old NEEDS me to walk him to class!" Apparently, he didn't and I'm now one of THOSE moms. The moms huddling in the corner, quivering, crying for their child that grew up all too fast. Who knew? I thought for sure that he'd still need me up until high school. By then I figured he might be able to find his way around. Dang! They grow up way too soon.

He's excited for school and I know he's going to do awesome! What a good start to a new school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment