Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Three Truths and One Lie, The Truth

Wow! I couldn't believe the overwhelming response to my Three Truths and One Lie! It was amazing, I couldn't even keep up with the comments! It was crazy!

So, I'm sure all five of you that voted are waiting anxiously for the results. Well, the two that voted for Elf Girlie Legs you were....WRONG! You heard it right, as crazy as that sounds, it's true. You wouldn't believe how humiliated I was. Luckily, I didn't know who was in the elf suit and hopefully, they didn't know me.

Next was the one vote for My Missionary Bob. Well, that one is....TRUE! Yep, I had a missionary who was a total player and had quite a harem waiting for him. And yes, after the pipe bomb incident he is a cop. Surprising, eh?

Nobody voted for Hallucinating Birth. That one is also....TRUE. Luckily, Derek was there to capture the moment for posterity.

Which leaves, Fat Lip Soccer Star. Which is... a big fat LIE! Chelsi knew it was a lie since she was there through my whole scary formative years. Congrats girl!

That picture is true though! I got those awesome fat lips another way. When I was in college, I was in Forensics (not the CSI type, Speech and Debate). About every other weekend we traveled to different places to compete against other colleges. One weekend, we went to Aneheim. I can't remember which college we competed against though. After a fun day at Disneyland we came back to the hotel and went to get something to eat. After eating, my lips felt a little tingly, but when I looked in the mirror, I couldn't see anything wrong. A few hours later, though, they looked like that! Then, my eyes started to swell up too. I took some Benedryl, but that didn't work either, so in the middle of the night my coach and a friend took me to the ER (thanks Eric and Bronwyn). They gave me some heavy drugs and the next morning I looked a little less collegeney (if that's a word). Luckily, I didn't have to compete. Unluckily, I earned the awesome nickname Melip (thanks Sally!).

6 comments:

  1. I am SO PROUD of myself for choosing the right lie. I feel amazing right now. Do I get anything for calling you a liar? Like ... a pat on the back? I'll be hoping for one on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, I'm so proud of you! What gave it away? You probably knew deep down I'd never knock another girl down with an elbow, right? If that's the case, come watch some Futsal on Thursday nights and I'll prove that theory wrong! :o) Instead of a pat on the back I'll bake you some cookies. Butterscotch or white chocolate milk chocolate swirled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's see, let's see... let's go swirl. i'm not sure how i knew -- let's say it's just plain old wisdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it was the last one, eh? I didn't even vote cuz, truthfully I had no clue. You are a good liar.:) It's funny that the one lie was the one that was the most believable to me, go figure.:) And go Marie for knowing it! She is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must confess, the picture threw me off. I figured if you had pictures it must have happened! It didn't occur to me to make up a different story to go with the pictures! That was very entertaining. I've been trying to think of some stories I could tell and see if anyone could pick out my lie, but Marie knows everything about me and would probably give it away! By the way, the cookies sound pretty good! I didn't choose the right lie, but do the loosers get a prize too???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girly!!! How are you?

    I LOVED your little game. I read c jane's when she did hers but I knew I couldn't even lie well enough on the internet!

    ReplyDelete