Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Baby is 5!

On June 3, 2004 at 12:55 pm Kendal Joanne Barney came into this world.

I look back now on that day and am so grateful things turned out the way they did. God's hand was in everything that happened.

She almost didn't make it.

And when it was all over, I prayed. So thankful that she was here and okay.

I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knew her and knew how much we needed her and allowed her to be a part of our family.

Every day with our Loo is an exciting adventure.

I think my favorite memory is her running down the street screaming without a single piece of clothing on her little body.

I love how at night when we're reading she'll stick her head in that spot under my chin by my neck {kind of like a little puppy} and snuggle up really close and hug me. {It doesn't get any better than that.}

I love it when she says words wrong. A-Hurricane {Hurricane} and bunder {thunder} are a few of my favorites.

I don't correct her.

I'm grasping for more.

I need to hear those mistakes a little longer so I don't feel so sad that my baby is growing up.

She's so:

kind
loving
happy
crazy
thoughtful
dramatic
tender
sweet
stubborn
shy
{around people she doesn't know}
talkative
{at home}
snuggly
....ours....


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. five?!?!?!?!?!?! No way! I can't believe she is that old! That means you are getting up there in your years too. HEE HEE... I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. wait. see? i procrastinate to talk about nothing. you procrastinate to write a totally beautiful and touching post about your five year old baby!!! something is wrong here (for me, right for you)!!! i can see that you and i need to sit across a table from each other or possibly in porch chairs so i can hear all the details of these INCREDIBLY. INTERESTING. STORIES!!! seriously, i have to go finish my lesson now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The years really do fly by too fast. Thanks for your beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I miss her LOTS!! she is getting so old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Addie missed her party. She wanted to come so bad, and I forgot all about it and headed to St. George. It was 3:00 before it ever crossed my mind! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melonhead...you made my day when I finally saw you comments on my post. I post so random I never know if anyone actually reads them. I really needed you words of encouragement, you always see the best in people. You are so awesome. I can't believe your baby is 5, what world would that be. I love that your holding onto it and what a cutie...it was fun to get to know her. Your both amazing. Miss you...Bigfoot

    ReplyDelete