Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Am So Blessed


For Family Home Evening, we headed up to where Derek and Brandon had gone on their Fathers and Sons camp out. The kids were so excited for frog catching, roasting hot dogs, and s'mores. We had so much fun! First, the kids caught frogs and tad-a-poles {as Kendal calls them}. Kendal's quite the natural! She could catch a frog on her first try! I was so impressed! After we spent the time catching all the frogs I told Derek that I am morally against taking happy frogs out of their natural enviroment. If you look above, there's a picture of my foot. Look closely and you'll see all the frogs Derek dumped on it {You have to look really close, they blend in.}. So, we took home tadpoles instead. I thought it would be fun for the kids to watch the lifecyle of a frog. I remember as a kid catching tadpoles in the gutters by our house and taking them home to observe. After all the frog catching and releasing, we were famished! We roasted our hot dogs and then ate s'mores. The pictures on the left are of Brandon feeding Kendal the stringy marshmallow part of his s'more. Because we had so much fun, we decided to make it a weekly occurance through the summer with lots of camping involved.

Really, I am so blessed! There's not many places where you can drive 20 miles and be out in the quiet, away from life, with the people you love the most! This is one of those times that I'll tuck away in my memory and treasure forever.

1 comment:

  1. So Cute! You're brave to let all those frogs touch your feet! I think I would freak out!

    ReplyDelete