Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Kendal!

Today is Kendal's fourth birthday. I still remember the day she was born vividly. I went in at 6:00 in the morning to be induced. Everything was going good until I started having really hard contractions. Every time I had a contraction her heart would stop until the contraction was over. They had me lay on my right side to see if that would help. It didn't so they had me lay on my left side. That seemed to help a little. As I got closer to delivery and the contractions got closer her heart would stop for longer. I was getting scared and apparently so were the nurses as I watched one pick up the phone to call the doctor. My mom was out in the hallway and saw the doctor come running down the hall. As soon as he got to my door he stopped, calmly walked in and asked, "Are you ready to have a baby?" I started pushing but it wasn't going quick enough and her heart kept stopping, so they grabbed the vacuum and sucked her out. When he pulled her out, he started counting, "1...2...3...4...5. Wow!" The cord was wrapped around her neck five times. It was no wonder that her heart stopped beating. She was a fighter then and she's my stubborn little fighter now. She has the strongest, most independent spirit of any child I've met and I love that about her. I know she was sent to our family to help us. She makes us laugh and picks us up and cuddles like no other. We wouldn't be us without her. Happy Birthday baby girl! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment