Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Christmas!! Finally!

Can you all believe that Christmas was just a few days ago?! (Just go along with it, I'm trying to make myself feel better about being a slacker.) It was so great. I made this handy collage to show you all and for some reason, I didn't take any pictures Christmas day. So, you get decorating the tree (day after Thanksgiving), Christmas Eve, and Santa and reindeer footprints. Next year I'll do better.


So, let me explain the pictures. Yes, we do have three trees. I started this tradition about three years ago. I took some little clothespins and spray painted them with red paint and glitter. Then, I took a few pictures (plus or minus twenty) from the year and printed them out. Then, we hung them up. Every year, I print out a few more of things that happened throughout the year and we hang them up. The kids love it because they each get a tree to decorate with their pictures and they love looking at the pictures and remembering what they did that year. It's pretty sentimental and tons of fun!

Christmas Eve, Santa did things a little bit different. He knew that on Christmas morning we were going up to Dereks work to help serve breakfast to the kids there, so he wrapped all our presents. We thought it would be great to let the kids learn about service and what better day to serve than on Christmas. Before we left, and after we read the story from the Bible, we let the kids open 2 presents each (we weren't THAT cruel). Santa did a great job and picked out just what the kids wanted. Kendal got lots of Barbies and Brandon got games for the Wii. Spoiled rotten if you ask me!

The last pictures are of reindeer footprints and Santa's footprints. Every year, we make a reindeer food concoction of oats and Christmas sprinkles. The reindeer love it! The come every year and eat it all and leave their prints so the kids know they were there. This year, Santa must have gotten a little dirty with all the road construction. Poor guy!

So, in a nutshell, that was it! Tons and tons of fun and not too many pictures (oops)!

No comments:

Post a Comment