Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crafty Stuff

Pretty original title don'tcha think?! Sorry, it's the end of the day, I've been through 2-1/2 hours of teaching piano, cooking dinner, taming children (not ever really possible) and my brain is broken. So, that's what ya get.

Today Kendal and I spent some quality time together crafting. I had bought some knee-high socks and was going to make her some baby legs for Christmas, but never had enough time to get them done. So today, we sewed them up. They turned out so cute and only took about 5 minutes.


I love this picture of her. If you don't know her, she is all kinds of sassy! And I love it! This is usually how she poses when you tell her to smile for the camera. Aunt Moo, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I had also bought some iron on appliques so we did those today too. The cupcake on her shirt is one that I had bought intending to do something SO cool for Christmas, but while I do talk big, I don't have four arms to get everything done that I talk about. She helped me iron that on and it took all of 60 seconds. She was mostly excited that it matched the baby legs she had just helped me make.

Then, because I had more appliques that I bought with good intentions, we finished those too. We made these for my brother's (Travis) son, Landon. I think they turned out so cute! Again, 60 seconds for each one. I can't wait to see him in them.


These are crayon rolls that I did do for Christmas. One night I stayed up and did 11 crayon rolls. Holy moly, it took forever! Those crayon rolls are deceiving! They look so easy (granted they are), but it just takes a while to sew all those lines. I did these for Derek's sisters kids. I used velcro instead of ribbon because I figured with four kids, she would hate me if she had to tie them up all the time. They turned out cute. I wish I had bought more of the monster material because it's so cute and I haven't found it again. Now that Christmas is over it's time for me to get started for next year. I should get started now so I can get it all done!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! You are so darn creative! I am so excited to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again. My kids love the crayon rolls!! And yes, I appreciate the velcro!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much Kendal looks like you! And I love the idea of the crayon rolls. I'm gonna have to give that a try. Did you have a pattern or just kind of figure it out as you went?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff,
    I posted about the crayon rolls here: http://lafamilledebarney.blogspot.com/2008/11/economic-christmas-day-1.html And yes, it's kind of bizarre how much she looks like me! Usually it's just a trace of the parents, but she's like a mini-me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so what are baby legs? I looked at the pic again and am guessing they must be the long sleeves, are they really fake? very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A, check out this entry: http://lafamilledebarney.blogspot.com/2008/11/economic-christmas-day-2.html They were so easy to make and took about 5 minutes to stitch up. Very easy!

    ReplyDelete