Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Halloween

I know it's January, but I want to write about Halloween so I don't forget it. This year, Kendal had decided she wanted to be Snow White. That was easy enough until I bought the pattern, pulled it out, and realized I might be in over my head. Luckily I have a mom who's a seamstress and can make just about anything. It took her about 1/4 of the time it would have taken me to make her dress and as you can see, it turned out perfectly.

Brandon, on the other hand, was a little more difficult. He decided early on that he wanted to be a zombie. I showed him pictures of costumes on the internet and then he changed his mind because a zombie would be too scary. So, we talked it through and he decided on a non-scary zombie doctor. So, I bought a scrubs pattern, sewed him up some scrubs, tea dyed them, ripped them up and then splattered them with paint. Easy enough and not too scary.
After getting all ready, Derek was a Zombie doctor also and I was the witch from Snow White, we headed off to the church for the Trunk or Treat. It was something I started last year because where we live the houses are pretty far apart and I was tired of getting in the car, driving a short distance, then getting back out. The first year we had about twenty cars but this year we tripled that amount. I was so excited that it was finally getting bigger. Next year I hope it will be even bigger.

Next year I think I'll get started on the costumes earlier so that maybe I can even make Kendal's...if I give myself a couple months. I should probably get started right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment