Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Christmas

Okay, it's sad... I haven't scrapbooked about Christmas...ever. So, for my kids... here goes.
Christmas this year was too busy. Because I do vinyl lettering, Christmas is my busiest season. I thought I would have a few days rest, but I didn't. The reason I didn't was because other people are just like me and wait until the last minute and my vinyl cutter broke so I was having to drive to my mother-in-law's in Washington every day to cut vinyl. So, up until Christmas Eve (when I had the stomach flu) I was cutting vinyl. Next year it's not going to be like that. My cutter will work and I won't get the stomach flu (like I have any control over that:).

Other than being really busy, it was great. We put the trees out the day after Thanksgiving and they turned out really cute. I do the three trees so the kids can each decorate a tree. Each year, I take pictures that I've taken throughout the year, get them printed (3x5) and attach them to the tree with little red, glittered clothespins. The kids love to hang them up and remember the things they did throughout the year.


On December 15, we had our ward Christmas party. Because my husband is a chef, he and I got to cater it. It was really fun cooking with him, he's a much better cook than I am. If I had my choice, he'd cook every meal for us. For the party, we did prime rib, turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, homemade rolls, salad, and slush. The ward members brought the desserts. It turned out great, everyone had tons to eat and lots of fun.

Each Christmas, we make reindeer food for Santa's reindeer. We scatter it on the front porch and the next morning the kids go out to see that it's all gone and that the reindeer have left their footprints behind.
Christmas day we went to Derek's mom's house and then to my parents house. It was fun to see everyone and spend time with them.

So for next year, I'm planning on being more organized and less busy. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment