Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jiggly

I had a great conversation with Kendal the other day. It went something like this:

I had just stepped out of the shower and was getting some underoos on when she came up to me and spanked my bum.

Then she says,

"Mom, your bum is jiggly."

"Yes," I said, "My bum is jiggly." Why try to deny the truth. It jiggles every time I walk. I am not the svelte, slim, beauty I once was in my younger years. And, I'm just lazy. So, my laziness jiggles.

Then, she goes on to say,

"It jiggles when I hit it, see?" As she spanks me again.

By this time, I'm scrambling to get dressed because I really don't need a rendition of "The ABC Song" done on my jiggly bum.

During this time, she decides to take a different tactic on my large, jiggly bum.

She says,

"Mom, your bum is big."

"Yes, it is." Why deny the obvious?

"It's so big. It's bigger than the toilet."

"Yes, it is." It does kind of spill over the sides when I sit down, so I guess it is.

"It's so big it doesn't fit on the toilet."

"You're right." It's useless to argue, she's interrupted me so many times in the bathroom that I'm sure she's the expert.

Then she giggles.

8 comments:

  1. Very funny!! Thanks for the chuckle! Be grateful that she hasn't jiggled your belly and told you that you have a fat tummy.:) I get that from Liz all the time. But you don't have a fat tummy so you don't have anything to worry about.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant with Maddy, Sydni caught me coming out of the shower and asked me "Do you have a baby in your bum, too?" Gotta love the honesty of children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one day my son was walking around the house using some binoculars... only he was looking through the wrong end - and said to me: "mom, your bum is tiny!" I smiled and debated having binoculars surgically installed on the entire population of the earth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you've seen the infomercial about the exercise machine that you kneel on and swivel side to side, but Caleb told me that I needed to get it because my "tummy was fat". Everyone quickly looked at me (I'm sure to make sure I hadn't burst into tears) and Dave quickly chimed in that I had a baby in there and that's why it's fat. Nope, it's not really the baby. It's just always big. Kids can see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Funny! Leighna came in today while I was exercising and stuck out her tummy and said, "look, mom, my tummy is so big, like yours!" Children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahah......hahahah...that is the funniest thing i have heard!!! leave it to kids. i am sure once easton can talk i will get an earfull of wonderful observations! that is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a really hard time picturing you with a big bum.

    I teach the Sunbeams and a couple of weeks ago our lesson was on the sense of smell. I was trying to prod the kiddies into telling me some of their favorite smells when I asked if any of them like the way the house smells when their moms bake cookies or brownies.

    My most-expressive Sunbeam, Sidney, raised her hand immediately and proclaimed that her mom can't make brownies anymore 'because she eats the whole pan and it makes her bum fat.' I almost cried from trying to control the laughter while I put a spiritual spin on it and tied it into the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh. children. glad to know you are part of the jiggley/too big for the toilet seat bum club! welcome!

    ReplyDelete