Friday, May 2, 2008

No high kicks?

Last night was our ward's first game of futsal. "What is futsal?" you may ask. Well, it's soccer played in a gym...with a very slick floor...that makes it impossible to aim the ball...at all! It's just like soccer except there are no high kicks (not the Rockette kind) or pushing, shoving, being mean or even looking mean (you're in a church, you have to be nice). So, it's really just kicking a ball around in a gym while trying to stay upright and making said ball go into the goal when all it really wants to do is slide all over the floor. One of the ladies on our team said she wanted to bring in a bulldozer and level the floor out so we could have a little traction. It was horrible.

But it was fun and we actually won 3-2. We won against one of the meanest, best teams in the stake. When I say mean, I really genuinely mean it. When one of them ran into me, she said, "I'm sorry for running into you. Well, actually I'm not. I'm sort of sorry-ish." So, they're not really sorry, just a little "sorry-ish". What does that mean exactly? I wasn't sure, so to get even, I scored three goals on them, with a little help from my friends. 'Cause you can't really get by without a little help from your friends.

One of favorite parts was when I was taking the ball down to the goal and one of the defenders (guards the goal) decided to kick it...at my uterus. Now we've found the reason as to why I can't have more kids, too many soccer balls to the uterus. She felt really, really bad though. Not just the sorry-ish, really, really sorry. I'm fine, I'll live. Although I do have a big bruise on my ribs and a jammed finger and I feel like somebody ran over ME with a bulldozer (I'm completely out of shape). But we won and that makes it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment