Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day. I know I did. Ever since I've known Derek he has been unable to keep secrets. Every holiday is a struggle for him to keep what he's gotten for people a secret. Christmas is especially hard. More presents = bigger struggle. So for Mothers Day he showed me what he'd bought me the day he bought it. He had taken the kids shopping for me and they picked out new Sunday clothes. I always love to get new church clothes because I love to look nice for church. It's really the only day of the week I dress up because every other day is a t-shirt and jeans or shorts. So they picked out some really cute clothes from Urban Wear. Luckily he showed me what they were because when I tried them on they didn't fit. It was really flattering that he thought I was that skinny. How sweet of him. He probably did that just to boost my self esteem. But that was only half my present. When he gave me the clothes, he said that wasn't all he was doing. He said that I was really going to love the other present he had for me. He said, "it's something you asked for a long time ago and you're really going to love it." For the life of me I couldn't remember what it was so I figured I'd let him surprise me. Saturday night I was laying in bed and he walked in with a notebook. He said here's the rest of your present. I opened it up and there was a list of 101 things he loves about me. Then I remembered a conversation we had had months ago. We were talking about past boyfriends (a lovely topic, I know) and he had asked what the best present I had been given by a boyfriend was. I told him I had a boyfriend that had given me a list of 100 things he loved about me. I told him I would love it if he would do that for me. But, instead of doing the 100 things he had done 101 things. It's really the best present I've ever gotten from someone in my life. As I read through it I just cried because it was so thoughtful and loving. But that's him. He is always so thoughtful, loving and kind. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I'm sure lucky to have him. I think this will be the Mother's Day I remember year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment