Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacation, Days 3 and 4


On Monday, we decided to head over to Knotts Soak City. One thing we didn't know before going to Palm Springs is that it's just as hot as Hurricane and it's humid. So, we decided that it would be best if we spent all our waking hours in the water to keep cool.

We had tons of fun! I remember as a kid going to Wet and Wild in Vegas and I miss having a water park so close. The kids didn't even know what a water park was! They're so deprived! We got there about 11:00 and didn't leave until 5:00. My favorite ride was Pacific Spin. {I didn't take my camera, so I pulled some pictures off the internet.}


It was so fun! Here's the description from the web site:

"Riders of Pacific Spin will find themselves blasting down into a 132-foot long tunnel, then dropping a stomach-churning 75 feet into the mouth of a six story funnel. The ride’s distinctive 4-person cloverleaf shaped tubes hug the inside of the funnel as riders pitch bac
k and forth in 5,500 gallons of swirling water. The thrilling escapade culminates in a waterfall splash that deposits riders into a cool catch pool below. This action-packed water adventure carries 700 passengers per hour at a maximum speed of 35 feet per second!"

The thing they don't talk about is that most of the ride is in the dark. Then you drop down {still in the dark} into the funnel. Poor Brandon, though! You had to be 48" to ride it, so Kendal wasn't tall enough. You had to have two people to ride, so Brandon had to ride with both Derek and I separately. On the last time going down the drop, we caught some air and we thought we were going to flip. After that Brandon looked at me and said, "I'm not riding that again!"

Derek actually rode this one. Not me though! I really don't have a death wish!


Both Brandon and Kendal's favorite ride was the Sea Snake. It's a tube ride that's completely in the dark. I went first {to catch Kendal because they wouldn't let her go with me} and was pretty scared. I thought for sure she was going to be scared, but she came out laughing and wanted to ride it again! That's my thrill seeker!

After a day of fun, the next day we decided to hang out at the pool again. We took our time in the morning and then headed out to check out some thrift store,. thinking we could get some great deals. And, we did! We found the Star Wars trilogy, some jeans for Kendal, and a South Beach diet book for Derek. Score!

After that we headed back to swim. We swam for a few hours and then headed to Rubio's to eat. {Love of my life!} After dinner, we headed back out to swim again. We had so much fun swimming! Kendal and Brandon have really turned into great swimmers! Brandon would put on his goggles and then go looking for treasures underwater. One time he found $11 and turned it into the lifeguard. I was so proud of him! Kendal would strap on her cute blue goggles and dive for rings or practice swimming across the pool. She did so good! We had fun swimming and I wish I had a pool in my backyard!




2 comments:

  1. yay, post mania!
    that ride that looks like a toilet bowl is like a nightmare. i'm with brandon. what a trooper!
    and i don't have a death wish, either. does derek need couseling?
    that picture with kendal and the goggles MUST BE ENTERED IN PEACH DAYS. funniest, cutest picture ever. fun! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave. Brave. Brave. I'm so afraid of swirling vortexes at 35 feet per second. I'm a chicken liver and I'm not afraid to admit it. I would have been all too happy to wait it out with Kendal. I'm not sure I even reach the 48 inch requirement! (J/K) I'm just shy of 58 actually!

    ReplyDelete