Monday, July 20, 2009

Can't see the garden through the weeds...

Remember this?


It is no more. This is what we came back to after our vacation.
{Thanks to Travis for watering it for us!}

Making the kids weed. So mean!


This is after weeding for a couple hours and pulling out all the dead tomato plants. They all died of curly top. So much for bottled salsa.

Look how cute!

It was exciting when we got back to go looking through the garden for veggies. We found so many zucchini, winter squash, and cucumbers. I wish I would have taken pictures. We had a full box full. Some of the zucchini were about two feet long and weighed about 4-5 pounds. I shredded and sliced most of it. I still have quite a few gallon sized bags of shredded and sliced if anyone wants any! I'll even give you the recipe to make zucchini brownies! Delish!

4 comments:

  1. yay, melissa! you're back.
    you are, and i think it's obvious, an abusive mother for teaching your children the work ethic. HOW. COULD. YOU.
    i'm so glad you're back!
    hurricane just wasn't as radical without you.
    i am always willing and able to eat your vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some if you still have some left. I love to try new recipes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a mean, abusive mom who makes her kids weed the garden, too. Yeah for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a recipe for Zuccini pie if you want it...it tastes just like apple pie believe it or not! You're garden looks amazing. I'm pretty much a failure at gardening. but I haven't totally given up yet. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete