Sunday, April 27, 2008

She should have a pineapple on her head...

That's what Derek said when he saw Kendal's costume for her ballet recital. Yes, it's a little bright, but I kind of like it. Although I am a little quirky like that.

On Saturday, Kendal had her very first ballet recital. She's been taking ballet since January and is loving it. She has long chicken legs that are perfect for ballet. (I'm not sure if as a parent I can say that, but since I had the same legs when I was younger I might be able to.) She loves to dance and is really right-brained, so it's perfect for her.

Saturday started out with a dress rehearsal. The first hour of the rehearsal was spent getting 150 ballet students together for a picture. It was quite the process, and I wouldn't have wanted to be the cameraman, but they did it. While we waited, Kendal practiced making goofy faces at the camera. Here's a few of my favorites.




After that, we headed over to Aunt Jenny's for her to do Kendal's hair. I had tried and failed as I'm not a fancy updo sort of person. I'm glad we have Aunt Jenny so she can take care of all that stuff. It looked really cute, but it seems that Kendal is not an updo girl. On the way home, she had a melt down. She cried and cried saying that she didn't want this kind of hair. I asked her what kind of hair she wanted. I asked her if she wanted various colors, purple, black, pink, etc. trying to distract her, but it didn't work. We didn't have enough time for me to do it over so I had to show some tough love, be mean, and make her wear her hair the way she DIDN'T want it. (I know, she'll be in therapy for years.) I took a few picture so I could show off Aunt Jenny's work.


I had sent Derek and Brandon to the store to pick up a few things before we had to leave and when they came back they had these:

What a good dad and brother! So between the balloons, the liberally applied glitter lotion, and some of my makeup, she perked up and was happy to go perform like the diva she is.

Here she is all ready to go.


She did such a good job! Her class danced to "Beautiful" from Cinderella and they did awesome. When I get the DVD I'll post their class' performance, but for now here's a few pictures.


She did such an amazing job and she looked right at home up there on the stage. She's told me before that she wants to be a ballerina when she grows up and I can see her doing that. We're so proud of her and love her very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment