Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Now he can commute!

The miracle of all miracles happened on April 2 and I forgot to talk about it. For years now we have been trying to teach Brandon to ride a bike. It usually didn't end well. It ended with him in tears saying he couldn't do it because it was too hard. For him, if he can't learn something the first time, he doesn't want to do it. So, I was being the mean mom and making him learn how to ride a bike. It was really for his own good because I knew he'd love it once he knew how. Really. So, because we live on a slight hill, yeah, it doesn't make for good bike riding, we went across the street to the "flat street", as the kids call it. Since we'd already been trying to teach him, he kind of had the hang of it.
But, imagine my surprise when I let go and he went to the end of the street all by himself.


I was so proud of him. I knew he could do it. I think he was surprised and proud of himself too. It was a really good lesson for him to learn. Because so many things come easy for him it was good that he could learn that if you try really hard at something you can't do, you will succeed. And guess what? I was right....he loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment