Friday, March 19, 2010

Brandon's Baptism

I was looking through some pictures in Picasa trying to find something to blog about and found this picture. I never wrote about Brandon's baptism and I wish I had done it sooner.



It was an amazing day and Brandon was so excited. Grandma gave the opening prayer and Papa gave the closing prayer. His teachers, Brother Para and Brother Yates gave the talks on baptism and the holy ghost. They did an awesome job and Brandon was so excited that they had done that for him. After the talks, he ran for the font, so excited to be taking this next step. I'm so thankful for a son who wants to live the gospel, who wants to be a true disciple of Christ, and who wants to share the joy that he feels with others. He's a wonderful example of selflessness, service, and love for those around him. I'm so proud that he made the decision to be baptized. What a wonderful choice!

After he was baptized we headed back to the chapel, which was filled like a sacrament meeting with friends and family who love Brandon, for the talk on the Holy Ghost. After the talk, Derek confirmed Brandon. It was a beautiful blessing full of promises for a wonderful future. What an amazing man Brandon is going to grow up to be!

After we were finished, we headed over to my parents house for a big baptism celebration. I wish I had pictures, I was a little scatterbrained, of the fun we had with family and friends. There had to be over 60 people there! What an amazing moment for all of us to see the love and support that we have. Not only in our family, but the many wonderful friends we have. We are so truly blessed! Thanks so much to everyone for coming, supporting, and loving us. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment