Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back To School

By the time Thursday rolled around {the first day of school} the kids were ready! I think they'd had enough of me and each other. They were so excited to start school. Kendal especially. She was a little perturbed that she didn't go in the morning with Brandon and that she didn't get to eat lunch at the school. Eventually she was ok though, and we headed off to school.

Kendal has to have the obligatory silly face..or faces. One will not suffice. Take for instance last years pictures found here. It's just her though, and I love it!


Brandon's silly face. One will suffice for him.

Sadly, Brandon didn't quite have the most wonderful first day. That morning, we put his new shoes on, that we had bought about the 18th of July, and they were a little snug. I asked him if they were ok and he said they were comfortable. They felt tight to me, but seeing as how he wore flip-flops all summer {and you can't wear flip-flops to school} and his other shoes were all the same size, I sent him off thinking they'd be ok. About 1:00 he called me and asked me to bring him a different pair of shoes because his toes hurt really bad. I was at the school so I headed to his classroom to talk to him. I told him I didn't have any other shoes and asked him if he could manage for another couple hours. He said he'd be good and I left. When he walked into my mom's library after school, he had an enormous fat lip. Apparently he and another kid were trying to slingshot another kid with a jump rope and the jump rope slipped out of the other kids hands and smacked him in the face. Poor kid! And day 2 wasn't any better, but that's a story for later.

Kendal, though, loves Kindergarten and had a great time. Her teacher's so cute and I know Kendal's going to love her.

I though, am not loving having no children at home. It's so different and I feel a little lonely. I'll survive though and I'm sure I'll love having the extra time to myself in the afternoons. So, if you're not busy in the afternoons and are feeling lonely like me, let me know and we can comisserate together!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the adjustment of having no kids at home. It was pretty weird for me when Brigitta started school, but I soon learned to fill my time. Then, I got to adjust, again, when Gracie came along. I guess that's what life's all about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, school! already a delight. sounds like poor brandon has had quite an adventurous few days. hope things are looking up! kendal now has a number one fan in k.j. he is quite enchanted by her funness.

    ReplyDelete