Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Conversation With My Sister

After she heard we were moving we had a conversation (texting) that went like this:

Amanda: "Have you told mom yet? She's going to be so sad."

Me: "No, will you tell her for me?"

A: "No, that's something that you need to tell her at home. She's going to miss you."

M: "I'm scared to."

In the meantime my mom sends A a text telling her we're having family dinner on Saturday and that I have some big news and that she hopes I'm expecting.

A: "You're waiting till Saturday?! Oh man, I hope she doesn't find out before then from someone who reads your blog."

M: "I don't dare tell her. Will you do it for me?"

A: "No way man! I know how upset she'll be."

Me and My Mom: "April Fools!" (By this point I just felt guilty and couldn't carry it on anymore.)

A: Silence - for two hours!

Finally I sent her a text.

M: "Are you mad at me?"

A: "No, I thought it was super funny and well played! I was seriously laughing and driving and I thought I was going to crash! Haha!

So, there you have it folks. A great April Fools joke! Sorry to those of you I duped. Although, it would be a great experience to head out on our own. Now I really know how much we're loved if we ever do leave. Thanks for all your comments and love! Now, what for next year....

6 comments:

  1. i knew you were joking. i knew i couldn't take you seriously. i know what kind of jokesters you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course. April Fools ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good One! You sure got me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. I should have gone with my gut and said I'll believe it when I see it. So much for being supportive of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to see you at the ward party. You're a wonderful person, and apparently good at pranks. You had me sad for 20 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K so I am glad I made a fool of myself with the texts I sent ya!HA HA thanks a bunch. After I realized what day it was I new I couln't believe you!!! But I am soooo glad you aren't moving now you can still come for the fourth of July:)

    ReplyDelete