Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Record Breaking Day

I'd like to clue you all in to a little secret of mine...I'm amazing! Yes, I am. And let me tell you why I'm so amazing. Today, I broke a record. Now, for us mom's out there whose normal record breaking abilities are confined to how many load of laundry you can fold in an hour or how many forks you can stuff into the dishwasher, these extracurricular records are like manna. And today, I exceeded even my amazing abilities.

Me, little 'ole me, who can't get enough laundry, dishes, and house cleaning done in a day to be classified as a homemaker is now holding a coveted title.

I now hold the title of "Quickest Plasma Giver".

Ever!

In all of Southern Utah!

And maybe even the world!

Thirty-two minutes and I was done! They awed at my ability. The word spread like wildfire.

"Who did it in 32 minutes?"

"I've never heard of that!"

"I've seen 33 minutes before, but never 32."

As I left they pointed and whispered, in awe of my miraculous donation speed.

And as I rounded the corner to walk out the door, I heard the most beautiful compliment:

"She must be really hydrated."

3 comments:

  1. melissa, you ARE amazing! and a record holder!!! and so hydrated it is stunning!!! it's an honor just to be considered your friend, oh mighty plasma giver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-Mazing! You are now my official claim to fame. So, do they give you a traveling trophy or something like that for your record? If they don't, they should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE reading your blog. You always put a smile on my face:) You are such an amazing, inspiring person...truly!

    ReplyDelete