Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Tidbits

...Derek...
1. Wrote an awesome poem for the very first time last night. My favorite line was - "Sometimes I like to ride my bike." How cool is that? The best part is that is was totally random in between some flowery poetry!
2. Is pretty amazing! Right now he's working two jobs, going to school, and being an awesome Young Men's President. Wowza!
3. Got an A- in his last class. He worked so hard for that grade!
4. Is a complete Facebook hog!
5. Thinks that to go to bed early is a sin. "There might be something good on TV." As he flips through the channels for the 100th time.

...Melissa...
1. Had the opportunity to clean the dog after it devoured one of J's poopy diapers, wipes and all. Was trying not to puke on that one!
2. Have my 15 year class reunion this Friday and Saturday. Hoping that somebody will recognize me unlike my 10 year. Is it really possible that I looked that hideous in high school?
3. Working my tush off in Zumba every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You all should come join!
4. Finished the Hunger Games series. I really wasn't a fan of the last book. I'm not sure why.
5. Going to go get a cut and style this Friday from Miss Katie!

...Brandon...
1. Got his test scores back from the end of 4th grade testing. He's pretty amazing that one!
2. Found out tonight that he's taken a kid in his class under his wing. What an awesome kid!
3. Wants to name the new dog Chaos or Divisor (as in math).
4. Is so good in the morning to get himself up and ready to go. Love that!
5. Ate a spoonful of mashed potatoes for lunch today. Luckily he didn't puke!

...Kendal...
1. Got her test scores back tonight from her reading testing. She's so amazing too!
2. Has found a really cute group of friends in her class. Hopefully they'll stick together for awhile!
3. Loves the dog. Even though occasionally he doesn't love her.
4. Picked all the toppings (even the cheese) off her pizza tonight. She was left with the crust and sauce, but she chowed it anyway.
5. Got a prize today for having a clean desk. I'm not sure who that child is. Come to my house sometime and I'll show you her room.

...J...
1. I think he may be getting teeth because today he was fussy all. day. long. No naps either.
2. Is trying so hard to roll over. He's almost there! I can't wait!
3. Moved him from the bassinet to the crib. He's getting too big!
4. Has rolls on his thighs and a double chin! He's gaining weight! Hooray!
5. Was sleeping through the night but then I spoiled him once and now I don't have the heart to let him cry it out again.

2 comments:

  1. i love this thursday tidbits thing. your best idea yet! since it FORCES you to blog because now i am DEPENDING on thursday tidbits.
    1) I'd like to read that poem that includes the bike ride. i love poems. i am a little bit of a nerd about it.
    2) You are just too glamorous for words. you are octagon material! that's why they might not recognize you right away. your best bet: wearing the miss hurricane gown of awesomeness!
    i need to see your dog. post a picture or something. or we could just hang out in all our spare time.
    3) brandon is too cool. i'm liking both of those mathematical names. if i had a mathematical name it would be "stupid."
    4) kendal, kendal, kendal. if only i could have been there to eat her pizza toppings.
    5) j. luckiest kid alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE!! because I live so far away it keeps me in touch with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete