Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SUPAF

No, it's not a new cult! It stands for Southern Utah Performing Arts Festival. And that's where we were tonight. Brandon has been taking piano lessons since December from an awesome teacher. No, not me. We tried that and it didn't work out very well. I enlisted someone much better, my old piano teacher! She's amazing and loves Brandon. How could she not though, he's my child! So, there's this performing arts festival and she wanted Brandon to do it. Sure, I said. I love to torture my child by making him practice his fingers off and playing in front of perfect strangers. No problem. His teacher found him a song and we worked on it for a while. When I say "we", I mean he practiced and I threatened. You always need a good threatener right?

Anyways, tonight was the big night and he did awesome! Look for yourself. Here is his certificate that he got. He received a I. That is a roman numeral one or a SUPERIOR! The highest ranking!


We are so proud of him! He worked so hard practicing. He hasn't even played any video games for about two weeks because I've been such a taskmaster and made him practice every. single. day. So horrible! But, it all paid off!


This is him waiting for his turn. I think every child needs thick frames, a mohawk and a skull tie! So cute! But that's a post for another day. Soon.



Here he is playing his song, "The Spider Dance". He said he wasn't nervous when he played (I always was) and that it was so cool that he could see the strings of the piano!
Great job Bubba, we're so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. I always suspected the cult thing with you.

    GO BRANDON, GO! What a stud. He looks adorable, too. Maybe adorable is the wrong word. He looks very spicy, both rad AND sensitive with all the piano-ness. I think they should make you a certificate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Brandon! Way to not be scared.
    Brigitta played that song in a school talent show. It's a fun one.

    ReplyDelete