Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School

I'm alive! It's been a very, very crazy last 9 months. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. (Mostly because I don't have anything better.) Lots has gone on, so I'll make you a quick list.

*I started school in February. I'm getting my degree in Early Elementary Education so I can teach Kindergarten through Third. My ideal would be 1st or 2nd, but we'll see what happens. So, watch for me in 2013!
*I got a new calling in Relief Society - 2nd counselor. I was so, so sad to leave Primary. I had been in primary for about 12 years and had never been to Relief Society. I really miss Primary but am thankful for the opportunity to see what it's like to mingle with adults.
*My kids got older. Let's see, Brandon is now 10 and Kendal is 7. Man, I feel so old.
*Brandon got contacts and Kendal got glasses! My poor children are doomed because they have their fathers eyes. He used to be completely blind until he got Lasik and I fear they will be the same way. Darn!
*Brandon joined the swim team and did awesome for his first year! His favorite stroke - the butterfly - and he's good at it!
*We had a fun summer! We spent lots of time swimming, going to movies, playing at the new splash pad, and just being together. I loved spending so much time with my kids. I love the summer and having them home with me. I won't miss the fighting but I will miss them.

So now, it's back to school. Kendal is in 2nd grade now and Brandon is in 6th grade. So far, they both love it. They are both a little odd because they would rather be in school than at home with me. What? That's crazy talk! I'm awesome!

Here's a few pictures from our Back to School Photo Shoot. First we have the outtakes and then a few professional shots...with no smiling. We're all about looking sophisticated.


For some reason, he could not keep his eyes open. I probably have about 10 shots like this.

She was not happy. It took about a half hour and lots of arm twisting to get her hair done and she was just not feeling it.

She is adorable! I wish I could keep her that little forever!

Her new school shoes. They are so her! Funky and glittery! The best of both worlds.

I love her freckles so much! Cute, cute, cute!

He's getting too big! When I look at him I still see him as my little one year old baby.

He's too cute! Ahem...handsome. And does not like to be called Bubba anymore.

Here's hoping to a great school year!


1 comment:

  1. WHAT?!!?!?!?
    Melissa, is this really you?

    Hm.

    I'm not sure if it's you or an imposter.
    I guess I'll just have to trust!
    Welcome back to the blogging world. We have missed you!
    Brandon and Kendal are the dang cutest kids. And the freckles... oh, the freckles. You know how I feel about those.

    ReplyDelete